Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
- Responsible for the structural integrity of Landing Gears and Landing Gear Systems.
- Perform the following activities:
- Strength Analysis
- Fatigue Analysis
- Finite Element Analysis
- Establish Qualification Test Requirements
- Create Certification Documents
- Responsible for liaison with customer and external partner/supplier structural engineers.
- Prepare and review structural reports for compliance to airworthiness specifications and customer requirements.
- Provide support and justification in the disposition of non-conformances and structural repairs.
- University degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering or related discipline.
- Ability to perform both classical strength and fatigue analyses.
- Proficient with Finite Element Modeling and Analysis.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the field of structural engineering.
- Understanding of the fundamental principles of Solid Mechanics.
- Knowledge and experience with FAR/CS 25 specifications are an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Programming knowledge, knowledge in Mathcad, Nastran/Patran, and Abaqus an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset.
- Occasional travel within Canada or Internationally.
All applicants must meet all requirements for:
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Messier-Dowty, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.